Temporary Worker Visa (T5)

The Temporary Worker - Charity Worker visa (T5) is for people going to the UK to do voluntary (unpaid) work for a charity. The work must be directly related to the work of your sponsor’s organisation.

You must have a sponsor and a valid certificate of sponsorship. You will be awarded points based on your sponsorship and available maintenance (funds). You can make an application if you are currently outside the UK or if you are already in the UK in the Temporary workers – charity workers (T5) visa sub-category and you want to extend your stay (up to a maximum total stay of 12 months).

 If you have met the requirements of the UK Border Agency and they have given you permission to come to the UK under the Temporary workers – charity workers visa (T5), you can live and work (unpaid) in the UK for a maximum time of 12 months or the time given in your certificate of sponsorship plus 28 days, whichever is shorter. This time must begin no more than 14 days before the start date given on your certificate of sponsorship.

If you will need to leave and come back to the UK quite often as part of your job, your sponsor can assign a multiple entry certificate of sponsorship to you. You will be able to enter and leave the UK during the time when you have permission to live and work in the UK according to the Tier 5 (Temporary workers – charity workers) visa.

If you leave the UK and you were given permission to stay for 6 months or less, your permission to stay will end when you leave the UK. You will not be able to come back using your Temporary workers – charity workers visa (T5). You will need to apply again from abroad in order to come back to the UK.


The Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting visa (T5) is for applicants who are entering the UK to work in the creative or sporting sectors:

  • Sports person - You need to make a significant contribution to your sport at the highest level in the UK to be eligible for this visa.
  • Creative worker - A creative worker is someone who works in the creative industry, for example an actor, dancer, musician or film crew member.

You need all of the following to be eligible for the creative category:

  • make a unique contribution to the UK labour market, for example you’re internationally renowned or are required for continuity
  • certificate of sponsorship reference number
  • be paid the minimum salary as set by Equity, PACT or BECTU (except for models, musicians or circuses)
  • enough money to support yourself in the UK - you’ll usually need to have at least £1,270 available (unless you’re exempt)



Accreditation and Registrations

Visa Box's services comply with the Immigration Acts of the countries we service. Our consultancy services are unavailable through government channels. The application forms used during the immigration process can also be collected free of charge at any relevant immigration office.

Visa and UK Immigration Specialists

For a free quote and assessment...

Contact Us