Can I work in the UK on my EU passport?

If you or your family are from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, as of 1 January 2021 the visa rules have changed due to Brexit.If you or your close family member started living in the UK before 1 January 2021, you may be able to apply to the free EU Settlement Scheme.If this isn't the case then you would need a visa to work in the UK. A Skilled Worker visa allows you to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with a UK employer that’s been approved by the UK Home... Read More

New rules for BP holders travelling and doing business with Europe

If travelling on your British passport, you may need to do extra things before you travel to the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein, such as:• check your passport• get travel insurance that covers your healthcare• check you have the right driving documents• organise pet travel - contact your vet at least 1 month before you goThere are more things to do if you’re travelling for business. For example, going to meetings and conferences, providing services (even with a charity), an... Read More

Visa Box closure for the upcoming festive season

    “It always seems impossible until it's done.” - Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, former president of South Africa Read More

UK Healthcare Surcharge Increase

The UK Healthcare surcharge (called the ‘Immigration Health Surcharge’ or IHS) had increased at the end of last week. You’ll have to pay:   * GBP£470 per year for a student or Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa, for example £940 for a 2-year visa. * GBP£470 per year for visa and immigration applicants who are under the age of 18 at time of application. * GBP£624 per year for all other visa and immigration applications, for example £3,120 for a 5-year visa.  (Dependents usually... Read More