Travelling to Canada on an EU Passport? New visa requirement

An Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) is now required for certain passport holders in order to enter Canada.It only costs $7 CAD. Most eTA applications are approved within minutes of applying.New entry requirement now in effect: visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa.Until September 29, 2016, travellers who do not have an eTA... Read More

Britons flying to US without biometric passports could be turned away

British tourists heading to the US have been warned that they risk being turned away from flights to the country unless they hold the latest biometric passports.Anyone flying to the US for business or pleasure must now hold a passport that contains an electronic chip – even if they have been granted an electronic visa.“As of 1 April 2016, all travellers must have an e-passport to use the [visa waiver programme],” states the Department of Homeland Security website. Biometric passports have bee... Read More

David Cameron's EU Reform Deal: How will this affect immigration?

The UK Prime Minister David Cameron has announced a referendum on whether Britain should remain in the European Union (EU) to be held on Thursday 23 June 2016.A referendum is basically a vote in which everyone (or nearly everyone) of voting age can take part. On benefits, anyone coming to the UK from the EU who does not find work within six months can be required to leave and there will be an emergency brake that allows the UK to stop paying in-work benefits to migrants for seven years.The a... Read More

Visa Box closure for the festive period

Please note that our offices will be closed for the festive period from 16th December 2015 and then only re-open on 4th January 2016.   Read More